On 2013-03-06, at 12:39 PM, Alan Peterson wrote:

> [...]

This would be fantastic.  You could also use the web interface to remote
voicetrack with a Flash App or something similar.

> 1. Remote Voicetracking 2. Simplified Remote control GPIO 3. Ability to tie
> Macro carts to stop/start events behind the scenes (to mute satellite audio
> automagically when playing stop sets) 4. Simplified dynamic GPIO mapping in a
> grid capacity such as what is done for Clocks. 5. An "easy button" for WAN or
> double-redundant audio distribution <<<

This would be a great plus for Acedemic, Non-Comm, and small/mid-market
commercial stations (like us).  The only other component I would add to the
list that I see in some commercial systems is the ability to embed a cart
within a cart.

For example, having two sets of cuts or a mini-playlist in a cart.  Take
weather for example.  To have a Weather Jingle, Weather Report, followed by an
outro in the same cart to be called by our traffic scheduling system by a
single number would be great.   Many systems use the concept of a Playlist like
a cart.  Instead of rotating cuts, there are other carts in the system that are
played sequentially as the main cart is played.

We also use this feature in another automation system for school closings.  As
they come in, we add a new cut to each cart and the system plays through it.
We also use this for sports game opener sets.

Once again - these are wish-list items.

Brian