On Wednesday 08 May 2013 07:42:33 am Gavin Stephens wrote:
> I've just finished reading Cowboys post too. If it were truely random
> analogue cart speaking,

 What I didn't explain very thoroughly, perhaps, is that when you first
 grabbed a cart during your shift, you had no certain way to know
 which cut was currently cued, without playing the car in prep.

 This introduced a certain randomness.
 Didn't mean to imply truly random. That simply wasn't possible.

 By the same token, it was also impossible to guarantee that there
 would be no randomness whatever without playing the cart, as
 many plays as it would take, to get it queued to a definite cut.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.