On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Cowboy <c...@cwf1.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 16 May 2013 05:25:13 pm Finn wrote:
> > MySQL is local, I looked at a variety of how-tos as well as the wiki, but
> > all of them seemed out of date/incorrect.
>
>  Not true.
>  The original application notes still apply here.

What are these original application notes of which you speak?

> >  I verified that mysql is
> > running, bound to 127.0.0.1,
>
>  That will prove to be a mistake, as I mentioned a few minutes ago, and
>  several years ago on this list.

What should I bind it to? I don't want to expose MySQL to anything more
than I need to. At this point rdadmin is connecting to mysql (mysql.log
shows the queries that rdadmin is making).

> > I assume means it's connected but it isn't able to find anything in the
> > database. Which is right because there's nothing in the db. Every guide
> and
> > everything says that it'll make the databases itself on first run, but I
> > can't get it to.
>
>  Methinks you'll find the command line in the application notes for
>  the original creation of the database.

I think there is some set of notes that I'm missing. Where are they?