On Friday 12 July 2013 04:13:34 am Kevin, Natalia, Stacey and Rochelle wrote:
> I have done a search on Google and found information on how to add support
> for NTFS, I followed the instructions and rebooted, however still will not
> see files on NTFS.

 All you need is the compatible kernel module, which very well may mean
 you need to recompile the kernel to add it.
 You'll very likely need to specify explicitly that you want NTFS when you
 mount the device. You might not be able to do this from fstab.

 Remember, NTFS is proprietary, and depending on version, not
 compatible with NTFS !
 Micro$oft is well known for undocumented gotcha's !

 *I* would use something else, probably VFAT.

 That means that yes, you can add NTFS, but it is strictly experimental,
 will probably change with the next version of Windows, should be
 read-only, *and* carries a very high risk of destroying the filesystem
 if you do decide to experiment.

 *I* have had good luck recovering NTFS devices, but there is a method
 to the madness.
 Read-only under *nix. I can then work on the files under *nix, save
 the work on an ext3 system, then copy it back to the NTFS device
 using a M$ OS compatible with that version of NTFS.
 Finally, double-check that system using a M$ OS and M$ OS file
 system tools designed specifically for that purpose.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men.
                -- Kin Hubbard