Thanks everyone for the tips. Just an update: It was just a defective card.

As to the other issues that prompted me to have them send it back (hanging on logo splash screen, etc). That (according to the BIOS event log) was a bad keyboard. I never experience those issues, but they didn't send the keyboard back with the machine.

So in the end.....was an easy fix.

I wonder if ASI will repair the defective card?

Thanks,

-Alan