Greetings,

I think this is a situation where I am chasing my tail, I probably have
things right on one end of the transaction wrong on the other and vise
versa constantly changing things trying to get it to work.

I am confused about the /var/snd permissions thing because once the nfs
share is mounted you can't change anything about it, mode or ownership. my
nfs server is just that a server it does not run ivendell it has a
directory with var/snd and it runs nfs-server that's it.

I can set permissions on the client /var/snd folder before it mounts the
share but not after.

In rd.conf I have the unix user as Audio owner and that user is a member of
group rivendell, I see that some peeps have set the audio owner set as
rivendell and group set as rivendell.

I really am not a newbie at this, I have been running rivendell for years,
but I guess I don't fully grasp the ownership changes for version 2.

I can't get why the user can write to var snd but apache can't.
Am I correct in assuming that if apache can write to the 'local' /var/snd
that it is set up correctly?

If that is so what does it need to be able to write to the nfs share?

I really am up against a wall here.

Thanks for all the guidance.

Cheers