On Saturday 16 November 2013 19:11:47 Matthew Mangan wrote:
> Hi all,
> You will have to forgive me I am sure I read this somewhere in part of a
> post but can't seem to find it anymore. That or I had a dream about this
> mailing list and it never has actually been answered.
>
> I have a set up that contains 4 sound cards,

> two identical creative sound blasters that play out the main log in order.

are they usb or? usb can be *fun* for painful values of fun unless things have
changed a bunch since I last tried.

There are various ways to fix the order of diferent sound cards. I see someone
has already offered to help and hopefully they will get you sorted.

If not do a search for something like this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=linux+set+order+of+multiple+sound+cards+on+boot

here is one page discussing things from a while back:

https://community.ardour.org/node/1716

Rivendell wiki pages discussing the issue:

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Rivendell_on_Ubuntu-Tryphon
http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Install_Rivendell_on_Ubuntu

> A digital USB connection to
> mixer for Rivendell cue or sound panel play out. And an onboard sound card
> which is set up to handle external sounds to Rivendell (allows for VoIP
> soft phone and audacity editing whilst using Rivendell) I'm running Linux
> mint with kde and all sound cards go through Alsa. However the problemo I
> have is that each time I reset the computer sound cards change order so
> rdalsaconfig goes all funky. What's the easiest way to somehow lock sound
> card positions so that sound card 0 will always be say creative blaster
> channel 1, etc?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Matthew Mangan

all the best,