Lee,

I kind of stalled on this a the point of trying to get a real time update
from rdairplay on what is actually loaded in the cart decks.
At this point it will control rdairplay via a ssh tunnel, it can access the
mysql database and dump content list of selected groups into a database on
the android device, search that database, add or delete events in the log,
view the log, Control consists of start next, stop, stop the log, record a
file to send to a dropbox, insert a cart number by number or selection from
database.

What I was trying to add was a screen that showed exactly what was loaded
in the next 5 decks. haven't found how to get this info from a database
query.

What I have so far works but without this last part it leaves the remote
operator somewhat in the dark, it does show, what is playing and what is

I would be happy to continue to develop it if I could get some help on the
last part.

Be advised this app is written for a nexus 7 tablet, which must be rooted
in order to run the app.

It also requires some configuration files to be created on the android
tablet and some config files to be placed on the rdairplay machine.
ssh key info, database groups, address and login info etc.

I don't know java, so this was all written in bash scrits and python and
converted to java for compiling into the apk.

If you have a rooted nexus 7 and you want to see what there is so far I
would be happy to send you the apk file with instructions. It will take me
some time to write out all the configuration instructions.

Simple control of the RdAirplay interface is easy, it's seeing what really
is going on in the control room that is hard.
Some far it does tell you
what is playing
what is next
what mode are you in manual, live assist, or auto
also has a mic-on button to fire a macro/gpo to turn on a console channel
or do a macro switch on sound card, basically anything you can put in a
rivendell macro.

Tim