From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
[mailto:rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of
Fernando Della Torre
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 12:11 PM
To: Morten Krarup Nielsen
Cc: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
Subject: Re: [RDD] Voicetracking over a slow connection - what works best?

I Think rsync'ing your /var/snd to the local machine would help a lot. After
recording you could rsync back only the voice files.

Anyway accessing MySQL over a WAN link it's not the optimal.

Regards.

Atenciosamente,

Fernando Della Torre

Tecnologia da Informação

*: +55 16 98137-1240

*: +55 16 99137-2886

*:  <mailto:f...@vdit.com.br> f...@vdit.com.br

V.D.I.T. Soluções em Virtualização

A utilização deste e-mail não implica em autorização ou outorga de poderes
para seu usuário praticar qualquer ato em nome das empresas citadas, cuja
representação considera-se válida se praticada exclusivamente por
representante legal ou procurador devidamente constituído, na forma
estabelecida em seu respectivo estatuto ou contrato social

I've tried option 1.
There's a 20/20 fiber connection in both the studio and at my home. At best
it works a little slow, but I can live with that. Some times the log gets
corrupted though.

We store our music in wav. It would work faster if you work with MP3. I
thought about using Bittorrent Sync for /var/snd but haven't done any
experimentation yet.

Hello all!

I know there's no official remote voicetracking feature at this point. But
from digging through past posts, I gather there's people out there who have
managed to assemble something that accomplishes the same function, more or
less.

As I see it, there's at least two ways of doing this:

1) Provide the person who will be voicetracking with a computer running
Rivendell, let them connect over a VPN, tweak things to obtain acceptable
results. (There seems to be a few ways in which people have done this… local
copy of the library, a patch that reduces log writes, etc. What are the best
techniques here?)

2) Provide the person who will be voicetracking with a copy (printed, text,
PDF, whatever) of the log in question, and receive a pile of individual
voicetracks which must then be imported and placed. (This seems like an ugly
solution, but on a technical level it's the simplest. Who, if anyone, is
doing this? What tricks have you used to reduce the labor involved?)

Any hints would be appreciated… don't want to reinvent the wheel if I can
help it.

---
is active.