After a dozen exchanges with Telos support, they've finally given me the
"it's a proprietary world" (direct quote) speech. So some help on this side
would be greatly appreciated.

My core confusion over their GPO API is that there doesn't seem to be a
place to specify both the source and the pin. The ASI has 8 sources, each
with 5 pins of both input and output. The RML has a <gpo-num> parameter and
a <state> parameter, which they say is 0 or 1. The mapping is unclear and
undocumented, but looking through the source code I find
(ripcd/livewire_lwrpgpio.cpp line 121):

slot=(cmd->arg(2).toInt()-1)/5;
line=(cmd->arg(2).toInt()-1)%5;

Indeed, <gpo-num> is argument 2 (zero-indexed) so I can now see how this is
going to work. I have not tried it yet and may hit some other blocking
point.

I am extremely displeased (it's also been a long day) that the mapping
between <gp[io]-num> and sources and pin is not documented in
docs/SWITCHERS.txt

Thanks,

Max Goldstein
Operations Director