Hello again,

As I mentioned before in another e-mail, we're getting ready to start operating
our radio station with Rivendell 24/7. This means we're going to have to
schedule all different kinds of shows. And here's the thing: some shows are
usually live, but sometimes recorded. And some shows are usually recorded, but
sometimes live. Therefor, I'd like to make a cart with several cuts, where each
cut is a 57-58 minutes recorded show. Each cut will have a daypart-availability
at the day and hour it should be broadcasted (for example, 21.01 - 22.01,
mondays only).

This way I can just make one clock for all shows, in stead of every show it's
own clock. And if there's no recorded show, the next event in the clock will be
to switch the mixer to "live". (If there's a recorded show, the hard-timed NEWS
event at the end of the hour will overrule the "live" command). Beside these
events (scheduled at the beginning of the clock), there will also be a playlist
scheduled, so that if the shit hits the fan, the silencedetector can take the
mixer off-air again and start the next song.

Recorded shows will be imported using an external script. Which leads to this
question: is it possible to overwrite or delete the audio in a certain cut of a
cart, without deleting the daypart-rules and without deleting other cuts?

Looking forward to your solutions!

Sincerely,

Peter van Embden

Radio Capelle