 From: Wayne Merricks <waynemerri...@thevoiceasia.com>
To: rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [RDD] esi juli@ card

You can use alsamixer to control the in/out volume.  The +4 or -10 is a
physical board setting depending on whether you're using balanced or
unbalanced.  You literally have to take out two screws from the PCB, pull it
off, turn it 180 degrees and put it back again to swap between the two.

I use it with JACK here on one machine and as plain ALSA on
      another (Riv uses an MAUDIO Delta 66 for 2 stereo outs then the
      Juli@ for the 3rd stereo out).

The JACK machine records fine via audacity, never really tried it
      to record direct in Riv.

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia
On 26/06/14 17:54, Rick wrote:

>(oops - sent directly to Wayne the first time - sorry Wayne)
>

>Are volume controls for the esi juil@ care inputs/outputs and pro (+4dB) /
>consumer (-10dB) settings useable from ALSA (i.e. alsamixer, amixer, etc.)?
>

>In addition to broadcast playout, I'm interested in recording broadcasts (most
>likely on a different box also using the same card).  I typically use ALSA's
>arecord utility.
>

>Kind regards,
>Rick QuendunKMUZ Engineering

                    balanced audio rather than the default unbalanced.

>Regards,
>
>Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia