Hi all,

I've been playing around with video streaming using ffmpeg/liquidsoap. Its very much a work in progress and I've not figured everything out yet.

I was thinking of storing videos separately to Riv but manually renaming the files to the cart numbers in Riv (making sure the video is the same length as the Riv audio). Then using macros attached to the start/stop commands to RN ffmpeg -i CARTNUMBER.mp4 etc.

From what I can figure out if you present all the streams to Icecast you can use Liquidsoap to switch to video streams when they are live and then ffmpeg the mixed stream back to streaming providers for the broadcast.

As an aside I've already tested Riv firing cvlc to a secondary screen for a live event recently and it worked great.

Anyway all I'm really asking is has anyone attempted to have video augmented radio? Its an odd mix of worlds but I'm trying to keep away from proprietary systems. Finding a way to utilise Riv alongside our audio output would be ideal.

Regards,

Wayne