then again many times you will have lost the jack connection permanently using this, you should split soundprocessing and RD on different nodes connected by Jack to avoid segfault errors

Thomas Churchill schreef op 14-7-2014 0:24:
Just off the top of my head, quick and dirty, you could make a macro to
place into the rotation that could update a text file. Have a cron script
watch that and if the text/time in the file is beyond whatever length you
want, the send the command "service rivendell stop" followed by "service
rivendell start" and restart RDAirplay.

There may be something out there for that. I am not having those issues and
haven't looked for such. Using CentOS from the install appliance here and
2.9.0.

Tom Churchill

-----Original Message-----
From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
[mailto:rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of Dan
Gruner
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:30 PM
To: rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org
Subject: [RDD] RDAirPlay "keep alive" script

Could someone point me in the direction of a script that will monitor
RDAirPlay and restart the application if it quits.  Seems like this random
quitting problem is getting worse and I have not been able to find out the
cause, other than when each new version of Rivendell is released, the
reliability seems to be getting worse!  Very annoying.  Trying to simply
restart RDAirPlay seems to always result in a "Multiple Instances Not
Allowed" error, which either requires the service to be killed or the
machine to be re-started.  The script will therefore need to sort all this
out prior to attempting to restart RDAirPlay.

Am running Debian Wheezy.

Many thanks for any help

Dan