Hi,

Its possible to turn back on icons/launchers for the desktop. I'm not sure what its called in centos but under debian/ubuntu theres a package called gnometweak. In there you open the Desktop section and turn on "Have file manager handle the desktop".

Regards,

Wayne

On 2014-10-24 18:27, Chuck Niday wrote:
Folks,

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post problems with a
beta version of RD, but I dont know where else to do so.

I have installed the beta version of Broadcast Appliance 3 (based on
CentOS 7, from broadcast_appliance-DVD-3.7.0.BETA02-x86_64.iso [1]) to
get around the UEFI problem with my computer and it works, but there
are problems.

The biggest is Rivendell  cant find the sound card because alsaconfig
is not saving any sound card data.  I can open alsaconfig, set the
default sound card, then go in RD and assign it, and everything works
fine.  However when I reboot, all that configuration is lost.

Another problem is not being able to map shortcuts (or launchers) to
the desktop.  That appears to be a Gnome "feature" more than RD, but
its really annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Chuck Niday-

Links: