Hello,

I'm trying to find an elegant way to skip a cart if a GPI is missed.

This is how it works out.
The News Credit plays at the top of the hour then stops after a macro
turns the news fader on, it also enables a GPI for sports.
A sports credit is due to be received in the next 4 minutes which will
play a logged sports credit cart.
If the GPI is missed/not received, and the weather GPI is received, I
want that GPI to skip the sports credit and move to the weather cart.

relative to current position.
isn't relative to current position.
I looked at PB <button>! (push next) but that only applies to the main
log, not any aux logs, and I run 3.

The idea would be, once the News Theme has played, will wait for 2
different GPIs.  Sports GPI and Weather GPI.
If the Sports GPI is received it will play the sports credit.  If the
Weather GPI is received before the Sports GPI it will skip the logged
sports credit, and proceed from the weather credit.

I need to have the Sports Credit logged by my traffic system, so it can
be billed.
I thought about having my traffic system schedule a macro instead of a
cart, or have the sports credit built into a macro, but again, I need to
be able to skip that.
I thought about having a macro play from the panel, but again, I need it
to be scheduled, so I can bill it.

My current thought uses hard time markers.

News credit is hard timed to ~:00:00.00. Macro opens News, enables GPI
for Sports.
Hard Time Marker at ~:04:15.0 skips the Sports if it hasn't played.
(Weather GPI is due at ~:04:30.0)
Hard Time Marker at ~:04:15.0 also disables Sports GPI and waits for
Weather GPI.

Does anyone have a different suggestion?

--
Brad Hambleton