Hello,

But if I'm right, it's not possible to _change_ the scheduler codes,
is it? So this might mean I have to recode my complete database?
Anyway, if it solves the problem, it's worth the work!
It's actually rather fast: create the new scheduler code newCode, go to rdlibrary, select all carts having oldCode, click edit and assign them the new code.

About dayparting:
the only use i have of dayparting _cuts_ is for specific IDs and for short daily and weekly shows that are either imported manually well in advance or imported "unattendedly" by a bot. To "daypart" certain _carts_ without having them scheduled, my solution is to use (yet another) scheduler code; for example "not_before22h": then in the scheduler rules of all clocks where you dont want those carts scheduled, set "max in a row" 0.

About the scheduler breaking rules:
(the exact way the scheduler works is still a bit obscure to me, so all this might be wild guesses)
it seems to me that your "min. wait" values are too high.
I remember reading 'somewhere' that the artist separation and min wait rules are the first to be broken in case the scheduler has a shortage of tracks.

Hope it helps.

. e

Thanks for your reply, I'll let you know if it has helped.

Sincerely,

Peter van Embden
Radio Capelle
The Netherlands
www.radiocapelle.nl [1]

Verstuurd

VAN: Robert Jeffares
VERZONDEN: ‎dinsdag‎ ‎9‎ ‎december‎ ‎2014 ‎20‎:‎11
AAN: User_discussion_about_the_Rivendell_Radio_Automation_System