Hi Mike,

First, make sure you've done what you can to optimize MySQL - make sure
it has a good amount of memory available, tweak the my.cnf file, and
make sure that rd.conf points to the IP address of your MySQL server.
If MySQL is on the same machine that you're running rdlogmanager on then
don't use localhost / 127.0.0.1 - use the actual IP of the machine with
the MySQL server.

Second - even with MySQL optimized RDLogManager can take a long time,
especially if you have a large cart library that you are pulling from.
This is due in part to the way that it is coded, currently using arrays.

There is a patch which has been under review although at this point from
what I understand the patch is not yet in the mainstream code.  An
explanation of what is going on with the scheduler (along with some
information about the patch) is at:

http://caspian.paravelsystems.com/pipermail/rivendell-prog/2014-October/001825.html

Assuming the patch has not broken anything then it is likely it may end
up in a  future release, at which point you'll see a major improvement
in the speed of log generation (the email linked suggested around a 13x
improvement).

Lorne Tyndale