I can't remember if I have posted these scripts before. I pulled out an old
box this morning to install and test airtime and saw it was an old dev box
for video playout on rivendell. The scripts are attached.

Videos are given their own group and cart range.

Videos are entered into rivendell's library as MACRO carts.

If the cart number is 700000, the lines in the cart are:

RN touch /home/rduser/700000.runz!
RN /bin/bash /home/rduser/playvid.sh 700000!
SP 240807!

The SP line is adjusted to match the length of the video played.

The Title and Artist in the cart matches the length of the 700000.mp4 video.

I will have to do some further checking on this, but these vlc commands may
be useful to record here:

vlc -I rc
vlc -I telnet

all the best,