One thought, I have never tried anything like this before.

Have the 8 hour log play out in the main log, chain to a log in the aux1
log, that log will have a timed event that will chain back to the original
log in the main log, when that ends, it will chain to the log in aux1 again
which will have another timed even 8 hours later that will chain back
again. Could something like that work?

You may have to hand edit the chain at the end of the main log and build
the aux1 log by hand.

Worth a try. (Perhaps you will need to have the aux1 log stop after
chaining to the main log and perhaps chaining is not the correct verb for
what needs to happen. As I say, I have never messed with this sort of
thing.)

all the best,

drew

http://nakedghosts.blogspot.com/