I thought that too, but we're not using the SMB protocol directly through
RDCatch. Within RDCatch we're using the file:// protocol.

Also, the credentials we're using are for the localhost, not the Windows
machine.

One colleague that I've been communicating with that has several Rivendell
systems is wondering if this is an issue related to how CentOS handles the
file:// protocol connections because on their systems, which are Debian,
they don't seem to need to enter credentials.

One other note: the old system that is running the 1.x version of Rivendell
that we're moving from is OpenSUSE.

So is this something related to how CentOS handles the file:// protocol?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Lorne Tyndale <ltynd...@tyndaleweb.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I seem to recall SMB was removed as an option for RDCatch in the 2.x
> branch.  This is possibly why you're having trouble accessing Windows
> shares.
>
> From the changelog file:
>
> 2010-06-14 Fred Gleason <fr...@paravelsystems.com>
>         * Modified 'rdcatch/edit_upload.cpp' and
>         'rdcatch/edit_download.cpp' to disallow use of 'smb:' protocol.
>

> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm fairly new to the Rivendell world, but my documentation readings and
> > mailing list searches are coming up empty on this question.
> >
> > I've been working with Larry (above), on a recent Rivendell migration
> from
> > 1.x to the latest addition on the Rivendell appliance.
> >
> > We've configured rd.conf with the appropriate settings, and we've
> exported
> > the DB from the old box and imported it, through RDAdmin, into the new.
> > However, the issue we're running up against is that RDCatch events that
> are
> > pulling audio from mounted SMB shares are requring a username/password
> for
> > each event (e.g., pulling from file:///media/production).
> >
> > With the old system, all RDCatch events didn't require a
> username/password
> > for these kind of RDCatch-"file:///" events. Is there some global config
> > that we're not configuring correctly to remove this requirement?
> >
> > Thank you for your time.
> >
> > --

Jimmy Taylor
Systems Engineer