After going through the TecWhisperer tutorial, I'm still a bit fuzzy on
configuring JACK with ALSA for my Rivendell system. I'm hoping someone has a
post that sheds light on this, or would be willing to help debug.

Currently, ALSA and JACK see each other. ALSA sees my ASI 5221 card. So all is
well on that front, after fighting many battles. But the remaining question is
how to configure rdadmin so play out happens correctly. (As the system sits,
Rivendell can't play out any audio, and the meters are inactive.)

There's also this commentary from Delio at ASI:

"Your setup uses a mix of HPI applications (Rivendell) and ALSA (Jack) at the
same time for audio record/playback and is untested so it may or may not work.
HPI control + ALSA audio record/playback is fine, so if Rivendell can be made
to use ALSA for audio record/playback on our card (but still use HPI for
controlling the mixer) then it should be fine. This is question for the
Rivendell list."

And so, I am. Thanks for the outstanding guidance so far!

Best,

Nicholas