On Wednesday 18 March 2015 06:18:45 pm John Anderson wrote:
> Overall, rdimport & rdmarkerset both are rarely used, and _I_ would
> think that the damage to a library that could be done to a library
> would warrant them not being accessible to the average user...
>
> I think that they both should operate at a super level..
>

> On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 14:41 -0700, Rich Stivers wrote:
> > Is rdimport designed to require root privilege when setting segue
> > markers, or is this a minor bug?

 Hmmmm......

 OK, thought about it.
 I don't know if it's a bug, a feature, or something screwed up on your system,
 but *I* would think that *nothing* beyond system configurations should
 require root level access. ( program installation, stuff like that )
 Admin level, to administer Rivendell, ( not the system ) something well below
 root, and the RD user for normal operations.

 I suppose Admin could create a "privileged" user for things like
 import and markerset, something above rd, yet still *well* below root.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

O give me a home,