Hi Nicholas,

Glad the info helps.  Paravel does offer paid support.  You can check
with them (or call them) to see what options are available:

http://www.paravelsystems.com/index.html

As for audio playback, I recall you're looking to use an ASI card.  ASI
cards are great, but have you tried setting a test system up with a card
that can run on straight ALSA / Jack without an additional driver (most
of the cheap onboard and USB cards work this way).  Get Rivendell
running, playing audio and such.  For testing / learning / demos I've
even had luck with those cheap $5 USB sound card dongles that you can
find on ebay (or in many computer shops).  Then once you've got that
working and playing audio then add in the ASI card.

As far as things go for getting onboard / USB / etc audio working, the
only thing I've sometimes had to do is add in the rate command into
/etc/asound.conf to set the sample rate of the audio adapter being used
(I've found that some of the intel-based chipsets don't like to work
properly unless I set the rate in asound.conf).  For Jack, make sure
that Jack is set up for your audio card and that you can connect / play
audio to your sound card (any player that can output to Jack should be
able to test this).  When your Rivendell daemons start (caed) it usually
will detect if Jack is running and create the various entries in Jack to
connect / disconnect to if it does see Jack.

Lorne Tyndale