Hi,

We don't use RLM (did not find out that functionnality when first deploying Rivendell and thus solved the problem otherwise) : We have a bash script listening for "now data" sent by rdairplay on port 6666. It takes care of every "title info" application we need (website, RDS, icecast stream, logging).
For the logging part :

#!/bin/bash
# nowAndNextUpload.sh
WPATH="/home/studio/scripts/"
while true; do
read RAWDATA
# treat input string (some applications hate utf-8 characters)
ARTIST=$(echo $RAWDATA | cut -d"-" -f1)
TITLE=$(echo $RAWDATA | cut -d"-" -f2)
ARTIST=${ARTIST//&/ and }
TITLE=${TITLE//&/ and }
ARTIST=$(echo "$ARTIST" | iconv -f utf8 -t ascii//TRANSLIT)
TITLE=$(echo "$TITLE" | iconv -f utf8 -t ascii//TRANSLIT)
ARTMAJ=`echo $ARTIST | tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'`
TITLEMAJ=`echo $TITLE | tr 'a-z' 'A-Z'`

#rdailplay sends the info multiple times, thus the condition
if [ ! "$TITLE" = "$PREVTITLE" ]; then
        # create xml file with currently playing song
        echo "<nowPlaying>"     > ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        echo "<artist><![CDATA["        >> ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        echo $ARTIST >> ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        echo "]]></artist>" >> ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        echo "<title><![CDATA[" >> ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        echo $TITLE >> ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        echo "]]></title>" >> ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        echo "</nowPlaying>" >> ${WPATH}nowPlaying.xml
        # append title to daily log with playing starttime
        date=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d")
        dateh=$(date +"%T")
        nline="${dateh} ${ARTIST} - ${TITLE}"
        echo $nline >> ${WPATH}${date}_airplay.log

        # upload files
        FTPU="ftpUser"
        FTPPWD="ftpPassword"
        FTPS="ftpUrl"
        FTPF="destinationFolder"
        AIRF="${WPATH}${date}_airplay.log"
        ncftpput -u $FTPU -p $FTPPWD $FTPS $FTPF $AIRF
        PREVARTIST=$ARTIST
        PREVTITLE=$TITLE
fi
done

The script is run permanently in a screen on the rdairplay machine with this command:
nc -l -u -p 6666 | /home/studio/scripts/nowAndNextUpload.sh

On the website part you just have to write the script you want to do whatever you need with the data (ie. display now playing, search form for listeners to find a title they heard, etc…)

You could also probably use the reports but i must admit i never really understood how those work and how to generate them automatically, seems less practical to me for that particular use.

Hope it helps.