On Monday 20 April 2015 07:27:55 pm Jay Ashworth wrote:
> I'd probably build it myself off the Appliance disc; this /is/ supposed to be
> what I do for a living... :-)

 Me too, to an extent, but Fred is a friend, and the developments
 that come from it benefit everyone.

 In your case, I'd hack together a working "demo" ( on board sound,
 bargain-basement stuff like that ) and let 'em run them side by side
 for a while.
 Show 'em how to do what they can't, or at least find a challenge, on
 whatever they're using now.
 Toss in a few of their "wish list" functions, then the ease of remote
 support, maybe remote access themselves, and it should sell itself.

 *Although* you may still find it advantageous to quote a Paravel
 box, because of that "perceived value" being directly proportional
 to cost thing.

 I usually toss in something about Rivendell's biggest problem is
 just being an Enco or NexGen class system for a BSI price.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Things will be bright in P.M.  A cop will shine a light in your face.