If all your hardware checks out OK, I would suggest upgrading to the very latest Rivendell version.

Also (a tip received from Robert) do an auto repair of the database using the command (as root) mysqlcheck -A --auto-repair. We run it as a crontab every night with 7 19 * * * mysqlcheck -A --auto-repair >/var/www/html/rank.log 2>&1

Warren Mead

On 13/05/15 01:50, Marcos Romero wrote:

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://yho.com/footer0>

---- Begin Forwarded Message ----

    *From: *Marcos Romero<'marc_...@yahoo.com'>
    *Date: *Apr 20, 2015, 13:49:49
    *To: *<'rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org'>
    *Subject: *RdAirPlay Crash
    I sent this email some time ago. I wonder if I am missing some
    protocol or some language details, since it seems the message has
    not been noticed at all. However, the crash on of RdAirPlay is a
    real problem for us. Any help will be very appreciated.
    With gratitude,
    Meramar
    I think I addressed this issue long ago. We have been coping with
    this problem for almost a year. At least we know when RdAirPlay
    crashes, in our case.

    We have 4 workstations linked to a dedicated server for audio
    files and the mysql database. We installed Rivendell using the DVD
    Appliance. Our Rivendell's version is up to date.

    When does RdAirplay crashes in our system?

    When a producer is doing Voice Tracking and a Auto-refresh is
    executed and, for a fraction of time (seconds or fraction of a
    second) the cart that RdAirplay is playing struggles or stops.

    How did we reproduced the crash?
    1. We set our system to auto refresh.
    2. We load Rdairplay, making sure that no cart will be playing.
    3. A voice tracker saves his/her track
    4. RdAirplay crashes!

    If RdAirplay is playing a cart or has played a cart of the log and
    for some reason, at the moment of the Refresh, there is not cart
    playing, RdAirplay DOES NOT crash.

    So we suspect that we get this crashes, as I explained, during a
    refresh, after a voice track has been saved and only if RdAirplay
    strugles, reloads and for a fraction of time no cart is playing.
    Sorry that I can't use technical jargon to explain the problem.
    Maybe one of the developers can take a look a this situation. Most
    of the time our system works fine. However, it would be great if
    the problem could be fixed.

    With gratitude,

    Marcos

    Message: 1