look for a file /home/rd/.rdairplaylock

remove it

rm /home/rd/.rdairplaylock

reboot

that should clear most problems

Unusual for a corrupt cart to upset the system so I would suggest a

mysqlcheck -A --auto-repair

just to see what's hanging off mysql

you may find some klingons slowing things up

regards

Robert

On 05/20/2015 01:36 AM, Graham Wilman wrote:
  Hi

I am in serious need of help I am currently in the process of helping a
community radio station get set up in the United Kingdom, as we are
currently operating on a show string budget, we are using the open
source version of Rivendell.
For the past couple of months Rivendell has being running smoothly on
Centos and we have managed to load over 3000 songs on to the system, how
ever yesterday 18/05/2015 I was editing one of the songs and doing the
track marks, when all of a sudden it came up with an error on that
track, I can't remember the specifics but it did appear to be a rpx
error which I thought may just of been a corrupt  cart, but when I came
out of the edit screen and rebooted and tried to restart Rivendell it
came back with "Missing Daemons, Unable to start Rivendell Daemons" when
I managed to get a list of daemons in the centos terminal screen it
showed that Jackd and CAED (core audio engine daemon) where there, but
the ripcd and rdcatchd are missing, unfortunately I am an absolute
newbie when it comes to Rivendell and we are due to start broadcasting
in a few weeks time and we need to start training our broadcasters, so
this is a matter of urgency and any assistance/help will be very much
appreciated.

All the best
Graham Wilman

Robert Jeffares