JOCK WILL PAY sounds like a good idea, the only way I've ever convinced presenters to do as they're told (sadly it was only temporary) was to show them how much money they have to spend.

We had a problem with shift workers setting the AC to 30C (about 86F for you blood obsessed people), the equipment would overheat and bad things would happen.

So I sent them a price list of the equipment, printed it on the studio wall and told them all whatever show I have where something breaks is the show/presenter that gets charged unless the room temperature is what it is meant to be.

As I said, worked great for about 4 months.

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia