From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
[mailto:rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of James
L. Stewart
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 1:08 PM
To: rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org
Subject: [RDD] Trying to get Rivendell to work with Broarcast Tools

Since we do this all the time with a BT ACS8.2 switcher, let's review some
steps:

In your serial port setup in rdadmin, did you also define (as in "add") a
switcher in the "Switchers GPIO" section?  It seems that the SRC-16 switcher
is a choice here.

In your testing with minicom, if you successfully made it work while logged
in as the same user that your Rivendell runs on, then this means all the
permissions stuff is correct.  Not sure if you can use minicom and Rivendell
at the same time on a serial port, if it is allowing you to do so, perhaps
this is a clue that you don't have Rivendell correctly going to the serial
port in the first place.

Finally, just checking, you DO have the full path name to the "TTL Device"
in your "Serial port setup" as in "/dev/ttyS0" not just "ttyS0"?  I'm also
assuming that ttyS0 is in fact your serial port and not something like
"/dev/ttyUSB0"?  (I'm thinking you have this right from your testing with
minicom)