Rivendell 2.10.3 on a client-server setup with quad core 2.8 Ghz CPU, 8 GB
DDR3 RAM boxes....

Is it normal when using rdimport to bring in a list of fairly large audio
WAV files for the rdxport.cgi to use 100% of at least one core of the CPU
every few seconds for several seconds at a time? It slows RDLibrary way
down and seemed to crash it a couple times on the same station as the
import.

All other clients work fine during the process and the server is hardly
working. No errors on the import. On the current list of 26.5 MB files,
importation rate seems to average about 28.7 MB per minute. I realize there
are many variables in the network speed and other settings, but my main
question is about the client behavior during massive importation.

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute