On 11/12/2015 11:46 AM, Chris Howard - CBR wrote:

Please, tell me the difference between a mix and a bridge.

On 11/12/2015 7:04 AM, Cowboy wrote:

  I'd mix to mono at the source if possible,
  but it **must** be a mix, not a bridge !

 Bridging is merely mashing the wires onto a common terminal.
 You CAN bridge inputs !

 A mix will involve some kind of mixer, be it a pad, a console,
 or a transformer, which provides the combined signal at its
 output, but also provides isolation between sources.

 The reason you can't bridge outputs, is that the output Z of
 output A becomes the load Z for output B, but it's dynamic
 depending on the signal present at output A at that moment.
 If they happen to be of opposite polarity at that moment, then
 the load Z on output B not only hits zero, and theoretically
 infinite current, but can actually go negative, and therefore
 demand more than infinite current for the given instantaneous
 output voltage from output B.

 You generate a singularity with causes severe distortion at best,
 and fried parts both normally and at worst.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Serocki's Stricture:
        Marriage is always a bachelor's last option.