On 11/18/2015 06:46 AM, Stan Fotinos wrote:
* Wireshark traffic (a.k.a. packet capture) (on both ends of the wire)
various systems looking for responsiveness/delay in the transport/IP
layer (2/3), the TCP layer (4), or the OS/Rivendell client (7) layer
Working on this at the moment, I hope this can show me what is happening...

 Wireshark has some features, but the program tcpdump is typically part
 of any *nix worth a d%$# out there, including MacOS and about every
 OS running on Linux that I've played with.

 You wouldn't need to dump both ends of the wire that way, as tcpdump
 will/can ( depending on command options ) show you everything on that
 wire, regardless of origination, destination, formatting, etc.
 Typically, it'll show you way more than you ever wanted.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Don't abandon hope: your Tom Mix decoder ring arrives tomorrow.