On Dec 2, 2015, at 15:42 19, Dan Gruner <d...@loudaudio.co.uk> wrote:

> To my surprise - and annoyance, RDCartSlots is designed to run on a screen
> resolution of 1366x768 and NOT 1024x768 as RDAirPlay is.  So I'm now stuck
> with either running 8 cart slots and having 2/3rd's of the screen wasted - or
> running 16 slots and having a good chunk of the 2nd column off the screen!
>
> I find this situation ridiculous.  Nearly all dual, triple etc monitor setups
> deploy the same model of monitor.  So why is Rivendell forcing you to use one
> resolution for RDAirPlay and another resolution for RDCartSlots?

Well, it’s actually designed to run with a resolution of 670x86 pixels per slot
(plus a little overhead for window decorations and such, which will vary
according to which WM you’re using).  How big the overall layout ends up being
is totally a function of that, times the slot row and column counts as
specified in RDAdmin->ManageHosts->CartSlots.

It is what it is.  Like it or not, it’s become a 16:9 world; 4:3 monitors are
now nearly unobtainium.  If you need a 2x8 slot layout, then you will have to
provision the hardware accordingly.  Such is life in the Big City.

|      It's always good to take an orthogonal view of things.  It      |
|      develops ideas.                                                 |
|                                         -- Ken Thompson              |