On 03/08/2016 10:55 AM, Rob Landry wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, Jamie Dennis wrote:
>> > Once it completes the install, I reboot the machine and it starts running
>> > and then stops at ...
>> > [<ffffffff8100c00>] ? child_rip+0x0/0x20
> It sounds like a hardware problem. Will anything else (e.g. Ubuntu Live
> CD) boot successfully?

 The fact that the CentOS CD booted and installed tends to suggest that
 it's not hardware, but that may not be definitive.

 For me, I just need a little more context as to where this
 [<ffffffff8100c00>] ? child_rip+0x0/0x20
 comes from, and when in the process.
 One line out of hundreds doesn't help me, and there's nothing similar
 in my CentOS 5 or CentOS 6 or CentOS 7 boot logs.

--
Cowboy

cowboy.cwf1.com