On Sat, 7 May 2016, Chuck wrote:

 Some weeks, there is no specific promo, and we want to run a generic.
Is it possible--without further messing with that cart--to schedule
things so the generic cut plays only when there is no specific cut
available?

If you weren't using rotations, I'd have a script automatically import generic promos for all the shows at the beginning of each week and assign them to the relevant carts. That way, the default would be for all generic promos to run unless someone manually replaces one or more of them with specific promos.

With a rotation, I suppose you could still auto-import a generic promo (which of course would have no start or end date), and it would necessarily run if it were the only eligible cut in the cart. The person importing the specific promo would choose that cut, re-import the audio, and then change the dates accordingly.

The only difference from what you're doing now, if I understand you right, would be that the specific promo would be imported into the already existing cut containing the generic one, replacing its audio content, instead of adding a new cut.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,
Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",