On May 10, 2016, at 23:33, Lorne Tyndale <ltynd...@tyndaleweb.com> wrote:

> Regarding starting playout of a cut after starting to record into it
> (playout while recording)
>
> I just tried this, and I think the last time I tried this was on the
> pre-version 2.x of Rivendell (1.x.x).  I seem to recall it working in
> the past.

Yes, and it still does now (v2.13.0).  There are however a couple of caveats
about this feature:

1) Normalization and auto trim for the recording must both be turned off.
That’s because the implementation of those features requires two processing
passes: one to capture the audio, and a second to analyze the results and
reprocess the initial capture into the final file.  Hence, the recorded data is
not available to the Library until the entire cut has been recorded.

2) When playing a cut while it is being recorded, the effective length of the
cut will be that of the previous contents of that cut.  This is a side-effect
of how the log logic works in RDAirPlay; all cuts *must* have a length that is
known at the time the play-out begins.