I don't think it's adviable to define a daypart that crosses midnight, precisely because of the potential confusion it might cause to users with regard to the date. I recently had a client specify that a program was to air "10 PM - 3AM Sunday through Thursday", which is ambiguous, since 3 AM Thursday will mark the end of a program that started at 10 PM Wednesday.

It seems to me the only way to avoid this ambiguity is to insist that no daypart definition be allowed to cross midnight. A daypart is, after all, a part of a day; since days begin and end at midnight, 10 PM - 3 AM must be *two* dayparts since it covers parts of two different days.

That's my -17db$.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,