"Good Point, although the official site is paravelsystems.com..."

Is it? I go way back with Rivendell, to at least 2005. I know Fred and
Scott developed it for Salem and I was involved with some of the events
that led to Salem's dropping the project. (Something I was vehemently
against, which nearly cost me my job.) I'm glad that Fred and Scott were
able to set up Paravel and continue the development of Rivendell and make
it a viable product for those entities who just can't grasp the concept of
Open Source and community support and development. However, I am a staunch
supporter of Open Source and community support and I would like to see that
preserved with Rivendell. I have nothing against Paravel for providing
turnkey solutions and paid support options for Rivendell. After all, that
business model allows for a lot of money to be made on Open Source
software. However, from the Paravel website, it is difficult to see the
Open Source aspects of Rivendell. There is no mention of the availability
of source code or download locations. There is no mention of this forum or
other support avenues. The only download options offered were for the
Broadcast Appliance DVD. The station I tried to recommend Rivendell to
actually went to the Paravel site and came away with the impression their
only option was to purchase the workstations from Paravel with Rivendell
installed for $5k each, way out of their budget. The pages at
http://rivendellaudio.org give a much better feel of the Open Source aspect
of the project and that quality, professional automation is within reach of
small, no budget, operations. It's just that those pages are woefully out
of date. It would be helpful if they were more current.

Just my thoughts.

Michael