Thanks Wayne. I appreciate everyone who has taken time to help me. Yes, it
doesn't import either.  Unfortunately those commands a2ensite and a2enmod
don't exist in RH distros like Centos. It looks like I would have to create
some sort of sym-links to do the same thing.

What I don't understand is that if the rd-bin.conf files are the same in
the working and non-working machines and both have the same centos and
rivendell versions installed, why would I need to change how apache
operates? the only difference between the two is the type of BIOS requiring
that I install Centos from a DVD iso and Rivendell from Paravel's download
and process instead of installing it all from the appliance disk.

The only other similar case I found so far was from 2011 when someone was
compiling Rivendell from source and forgot to set --libexecdir=/var/snd/.
Would there be something I need to correct on this? If so, how?

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute