Hi,

Rivendell works fine on Ubuntu 14.04 and is really easy with the Tryphon
repos (hasn't been updated since 2.10.3).  If you use 16.04 it has newer
versions of MySQL and has issues.  You must use at least Rivendell version
2.15 which fixed a bunch of MySQL null date issues.

Last time I tried it, there were still some font issues but it was usable.

Search for Rivendell Ubuntu Xenial if you want the wiki page full of
instructions, I need to update some of the page as it refers a lot to 2.13
but broadly speaking you shouldn't have to patch any of the C code before
compiling as this was fixed in 2.15, other than that the source
instructions are the same.

Regards,

Wayne