On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 07:36:15 -0500
Cowboy <c...@cwf1.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 21:06:33 -0500
> Chuck <dj.chuc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > My usual method is to copy the originally
> > imported track and paste it to a new cut (Cut 002) and mark that as
> > the untouched original in the "Cut Info".  Then I weight it "0" so it
> > never plays, but is available if there ever should be a reason to
> > return to the original, untouched track.
>
>  Should I assume you know that Library markers are non-destructive ?
>
>  Rivendell makes NO changes to the audio. None.
>  All markers, fades, etc. are strictly in the database.
>
>  Therefore, the original, or marked, file is always "untouched." <

  Right.  But it *is* the audio tracks I am altering.  Aside from
bringing audio up to constant until nearer the end on songs where the
audio fades over 30 to 45 seconds, I am also adding back-announcements
to songs, à la WBEB/Philly, so I am definitely destructing the audio
files.  If we ever drop that back-announce format, I want to be able to
return to the original tracks without having to reimport the tracks all
over again from scratch.

  At this point, I have no clue why the library editor and airplay do
not see the copy and pasted files as containing bonafide audio, when it
appears those files do have audio.  I have been using this method for
over 2 years on the same installation on the same computer with no
problems.

--Chuck W.