On Apr 23, 2017, at 23:30, Rob Landry <41001...@interpring.com> wrote:

> If I create a macro with a line such as:
>
>       RN /home/scott/relay.sh 5!
>
> ... as which user will that command run?

I'll defer the specific answer to those who know offhand.

One idea is that you could add a script line that simply executes a 'who am i'
(or 'whoami' depending on your OS) command and redirect the output to a
world-writeable directory (or pre-created and 'chmod 777'd file).

The first command in your script would therefore be something like:
whoami > /tmp/user.txt

and you could go 'cat' that file thereafter.

Of course, you could also just look at the file permissions to see the owner
and/or UID.

Yeah, it's a Rube Goldberg-ish way of finding out, but it should work in case
nobody else answers quickly.

—
Sherrod Munday
<smun...@ieee.org>