I’m running the Rivendell Application installation which is Centos 6, I believe.

There is currently 4G of RAM in this computer. I am having an intermittent
problem where the system
stops responding, everything is frozen. It will respond to ping, but that’s it.
I cannot get anything to respond
on the GUI and I cannot ssh into it. It’s behaving as if it is starved for RAM.
The only thing I can do is power
cycle.

I’ve been trying to watch it but can never catch it doing anything bad.

But I am wondering what some of these processes are that are using quite a bit
a RAM and if
any of them can be stopped without impacting Rivendell.

 2913 395044 gdm-user-switch
 2906 406420 gnote
 2688 428868 evolution-alarm
 2676 437872 pulseaudio