Hi,

I don't know about Linux Mint, but on Lubuntu after compiling from
source I need to do a:

sudo chmod -s /usr/local/bin/caed /usr/local/bin/ripcd
/usr/local/bin/rdcatchd

Then kill the daemons (if they're running)

Start up Jack, start up the Rivendell daemons (the chmod allows the
daemons to run as the logged in user that starts Jack - otherwise the
daemons run as root), and it finds Jack.