Fred,

Heads up for future:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/sql-mode/#strict-mode

This is where the errors were coming from. Removal of strict mode fixed the
problem. You may need to check out anywhere in the code an SQL statement
assumes it will automatically convert to an acceptable value. More info in the
link.

That’s what I get for jumping to the bleeding edge MariaDB. Hope this saves
someone else from this oddity in the future.

Thanks,

Thomas Golding
Engineering Manager
Edgewater Broadcasting