Hi Michael,

The /tmp directory is used on a Rivendell workstation during the import
process into RDLibrary (among other things). Since each import process
creates *two* copies of the uncompressed audio file being imported, this
directory must have enough space to for these files. When you import
audio files for shows that are an hour in duration (or longer) the temp
space can be consumed quickly. If you use Rivendell dropboxes you can
conceivably have multiple import processes running simultaneously. I
think 14GB for /tmp is appropriate.

Not sure what the existing folders in your /tmp are for: Rivendell is
pretty good about cleaning up after itself. The temporary Rivendell
folders have names like "rivendellXXXXX", where "XXXXX" are "random"
characters generated when the directory is created.

Hope this helps!

  ~David Klann

  Broadcast Tool & Die