On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, David Henderson wrote:

I have set up a raid server with 2x2TB hard drives for the audio store and a third SSD for the operating system. I think it is unlikely that a newly built system would have a pending hard disk failure and there are no errors or issues reported anywhere in CentOS6 or the raid configuration screens. Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

You're playing audio files across a network, then? The RAID array is not on the local machine?

You may have a network problem, perhaps with a NIC or Ethernet switch.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,
Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",