We migrated away from using "Dropbox" several months ago and switched to a Nextcloud server running on a Raspberry Pi.  I haven't tried the client with CentOS 6, but it works well with CentOS 7 and is very similar to "Dropbox".

On 2018-09-28 12:02 PM, Fred Gleason wrote:
On Sep 28, 2018, at 08:27, Bernardo J Mora <bjm...@mac.com <mailto:bjm...@mac.com>> wrote:

Forgive me if I’ve missed a previous discussion, please feel free to send relevant links along via the listserv.
Kindly let this CentOS amateur what I should expect after October 15.

CentOS 6 is based on glib 2.12, while CentOS 7 uses 2.17. Thus, it would appear that Dropbox (capital ‘D’, the commercial online service) will no longer work on either of those environments after 10/15/2018. This is *not* to be confused with ‘dropbox’ (lower-case ‘d’, the Rivendell importation service), which will continue to work as before.

Even if the app doesn’t work, will the folder still sync correctly?

Presumably not.

This is not a Rivendell issue. Dropbox is a closed-source, proprietary system; you will need to ask them I’m afraid.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |              Chief Developer         |
|                           |              Paravel Systems         |
| A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of    |
| many bad measures.         |
|                                         -- Daniel Webster         |