On 11/4/18 8:22 AM, Jake Litwin wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Drew. The first thing I noticed if I try to do a
> systemctl status is that I get rd is not in the sudoers file. So I did a
> su - to root. I first checked caed in the output was Unit caed.service
> could not be found. Same goes for ripcd and rdcatchd.

Jake,

With the stock 2.19.x installation, there is only a rivendell.service.
This unit file starts all the Rivendell service daemons. (By the way,
this changes with the forthcoming 3.x release: there is a new command
called rdservice(8) that is a Rivendell "super daemon".)

I think Drew meant that you should run caed directly on the command
line. I'd add to that: invoke caed with the -d option to produce more
output.

Also, know that if the service daemons have not been started by systemd
you will need to `mkdir /run/rivendell && chown rivendell:
/run/rivendell` otherwise caed will not run.

  ~David